18 February 2009

Professional News

Saturday, I got an email notifying me that a book with one of my essays is now available for purchase on the publisher's website: http://www.c-s-p.org/flyers/caribbean-without-borders--literature--language-and-culture1-4438-0039-2.htm Even better, my paper is the first in the anthology and as such is included in its entirety in the book preview. This means I get to see my name in print (though they left the hyphen out of my name) without waiting for the diplomatic pouch, and you get to read my (already edited) work for free.

Then today I got another email from the editors at the University of Puerto Rico that they've accepted another piece for follow-up volume. Thanks to Sam who reviewed the original conference paper and to my mom who proofed the recent submission.

Meanwhile, Joe also got good news. This week his budget request for spending the portion of visa fees that is returned to the Embassy was approved with the exception of a sub-item.

No comments: