Ruth Anne's cough is almost gone. I have one now but hopefully it's hay fever. Ruth Anne finished her antibiotics on Monday. After five days, she was a pro. Thursday and Friday I was way too cocky about administering the medicine. I thought I had the aim for the inner cheek routine down from giving her tylenol but the sticky, sweetness of the antibiotics was much worse and the dose was double the volume. She we wound up with sugar syrup in RA's hair and all over our clothes. Saturday was a little better because Joe and I could double-team the girl. Then Sunday we had a little talk about the easy way and the hard way. Sure enough that's all it took. She let us put a little medicine in her mouth, begged for a drink of water, then she let us put in a little more and took a drink. We got it all down. Monday she was even saying "ahh" between chasers.
Of course, I've also been giving her a lot of yoghurt. I started putting in raisins to get her to eat more and now she's hooked. She asks for raisins with pretty much every meal. I'm glad it's raisins not something even sweeter but it hasn't stopped me from instituting a quota.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment