Ruth Anne knows what a mirror is but they’re still magical.
While we still in Colorado, Ruth Anne opened a little shell mirror for a lady’s purse. “Look,” she exclaimed, “Picture me”.
Then last week Ruth Anne was sitting on the floor by Neil’s crib mirror and exclaimed, “See angel in there.”
She knows about angels from the picture book Angel in the Waters about an unborn baby’s relationship with its guardian angel. It uses little sun bursts to depict the angel. After this she started recognizing all kinds of religious literature (and there was plenty of it lying around our vacation rental)as being about angels.
The Sunday I was alone with Ruth Anne and Neil, I failed spectacularly at getting to church. So I turned on the Catholic channel. It was pretty much the only time we used the TV. Ruth Anne was duly mesmerized. First was the rosary. "I want see God," she said when I called her to a diaper change. Then for the mass, "Where Jesus?"
No comments:
Post a Comment