Mehri called at 9 this morning. She'd just woken up after being up all
night because Temur was sick. She was going to try to make it by noon
so I could go to teach at the school but I thought better of it and
asked her to call another nanny whose family is out of town. Apparently
Neil was pretty surprised when he woke up from his nap and saw a different nanny,
didn't cry, just stared. Ruth Anne came and explained the situation.
After I stopped to check on them between classes and a meeting, it was
time for to go back outside, and Neil blithely waved pakka from
Zarifa's arms.
This morning Levash caught a mouse. Before this has only happened at night when
Ruth Anne was sleeping and we didn't have to explain what happens to
the mouse. This time I told Ruth Anne that Levash had a mouse and I
was going to try to get it. "Where's the mouse?" "See Levash is
playing with it" "That's a toy." I took her out of the room. By the
time Zarifa got there the mouse was indeed just a toy.
Oh and the water was out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment