17 July 2011

Reading Rainbow





Here's Ruth Anne reading out of Kipling's Just So Stories. The discourse includes fragments of Roald Dahl's Fantastic Mr. Fox, Christian references (ie to the "spirit"), and an imaginary friend named Gonja whom Ruth Anne has been pretending to visit. Gonja has a relatives and a pet with made up names that sound like variations on Gonja.

Here's Neil reading our favorite bathroom book Dinosaur Roar. When I went for the camera he was reading to himself, making adorable roars and squeaks. I did catch in this video the "loooong" and "short." And, yes, because of the good example of his sister Neil is starting to take some interest in toileting.

I do not want to rush this but a couple of times this week I managed to sign and help him to the potty right after pooping. Now sometimes he signs when he needs to be changed and twice he's singed before he pooped and pooped on the potty.

No comments: