11 April 2010

Easter Week


Easter Sunday was blessed, busy. We woke up a little later than usual after Easter Vigil. Neil had slept during the mass but Ruth Anne stayed awake for the whole thing and got to see the baptism of a young man. After a little egg hunting along the route of our morning routine and hot crossed buns for breakfast, we headed back to church and saw our little neighbor Rory's baptism. Here he is in his Turkmen-embroidered gown:

We had coffee with the priests after mass. We came home, used the potty, nursed and packed the kids off to a brunch.

The only problem was that we forgot the oatmeal cake! Our hosts were very understanding and just suggested that we freeze it and bring it to share after church this evening. After the brunch we were invited to Rory's house. We came home after five and Ruth Anne crashed for the evening. Joe and I had a quiet dinner of pasta primavera.

The rest of the week Joe was juggling a visitor at work and a pretty serious problem with an American citizen. I am getting close to a complete draft of my thesis. Both the intellectual effort of trying to see this project whole and the logistics are starting to boggle my mind. Ugh! There's just enough work that I don't think I'll finish the draft before we start traveling in May but I'm trying.

No comments: