31 March 2011

Criss-cross

I've been having problems with my laptop and the weather has been gorgeous in Ashgabat. This has led to minimal time on the computer, which isn't great for the dissertation or the blog. One of these things is easier to catch up on than the other. I'm belatedly loading pictures of Navruz (the Persian New Year celebrated at the Spring Equinox), the Feast of the Annunciation, and Lenten pretzel making.

Joe made pretzels with the kids last Saturday so we could share them at church on Sunday:





Ruth Anne asked me one day for shoes crossed straps. I made no promises and she came up with this solution herself.



She's also taught herself to tie the base layer of a bow or box knot. She mainly does this with scarves.


On Sunday we had breakfast with our adopted marine, Kyle. Here he is after reading Fancy Nancy to Ruth Anne:

Here's Neil with our other adopted son, Joey:

No comments: