Here's Ruth Anne helping making eggplant parmesan.
One of the grocery shops has canned spaghetti sauce right now, which makes big difference for pulling together a sort of complex meal like this.
Two weekends ago, we were at the bazaar buying vegetables from our usual lady. Another woman came up and offered us "Kartoshka" (potatoes). I started to brush her off by saying that we already had potatoes. Then, I realized that her pitch about how good the potatoes were "sweet" was usual for fruit, even peppers and pumpkins, but potatoes, sweet potatoes? sweet potatoes. These were not bright orange jewel yams but we're doing well with beta carotene these days (persimmon, carrot, pumpkin) so we were very happy with the large, dry, white sweet potatoes. Joe made sweet potato fries and veggie burgers. Ruth Anne started talking on the way home from church about apple and cauliflower, the inspiration for a great curry with sweet potato.
Joe roasted the fries but deep-fried the donuts we had the next morning. Neil helped cut out.
When Ruth Anne woke up, I told her donuts were for breakfast. "With sprinkles?" she asked. I don't think she's ever had a donut before but we have the hug book about the pretzel and there's a sprinkled donut there.
Fast forward to last Sunday - the Feast of Christ the King. Joe made poticia to share with the local staff at the Embassy. More cute Neil pictures:
Ruth Anne coiled dough and worked on crowns:
No comments:
Post a Comment