07 November 2010

Fall Crafts

We've been doing a little better about getting some arts and crafts in for Ruth Anne.

I was pleased to discover in October when we strung a rosary that she does know how to thread beads. She never practiced much with the pasta and shoestring. Too easy? Not attractive enough.

I'll need to put up pictures later with her first water color and with the leaf rubbing and tracing that Ruth Anne did with her dad over fall break.

Here she is decorating goodie bags for her friends:




Yes, the model is on the left. She also colored on a real pumpkin. Ruth Anne says pumpkin "Punk-men." My Central Asian geography is getting better but I'm not totally sure where Punkmenistan is... Probably Joe's next posting. He has a habit of expanding my horizons like that.

We made this family tree in school on Tuesday, the Feast of All Souls', Dia de los Muertos. Of course, the purpose is to remember those who have died. I remember last year, too, upon sitting down to pray for the dead the first family members that come to mind are the ones I think have a decent shot of being in heaven already. God knows, though, so we pray anyway. Then I start to remember others, those we weren't as close too, those whose faults were more apparent, those who may need our prayers the most. I didn't share all this with RA. I told her the names of the grandparents who had died and said "We pray he's in heaven" "We pray she's in heaven." "Oh, with the other people?" The saints we talked about yesterday? Exactly.

No comments: