For the second week of Advent, here is what we have. I'm trying to tie the narrative into what the readings are for the week. Since this week we had "prepare" as a theme, I tried to work it in. I don't think it is as good as last weeks little story, but since we took a detour after church to hear the French Deputy Chief of Mission play the bagpipes, short was good.
Week 2: The Animals
The stable is where animals live. Some animals are now in the stable waiting, because the herders and others are starting to arrive in the city. All the inns and places to stay are full now. Mary and Joseph have left for Bethlehem, and are on their way.
The second week of Advent reminds us to get ready for the miracle that is coming soon, that God was born among us, in a stable with animals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment