26 December 2009

Blast from the Past








In order to more thoroughly celebrate the long-awaited holiday, I came up with a little calendar of activities for celebrating Christmas. I didn't tie it to the pear tree song. I didn't go deep into the liturgical calendar. I tried not to get too ambitious. Inspired by a few favorite mementos I made a list of Christmas-y things to do. First up was looking at pictures. I came up with the idea looking at the Our First Christmas ornament Aunt Julie made with our wedding photo. With the usual Saturday market trip, food preparation, laundry... it wasn't easy to sit down and do this at all. When Ruth Anne woke up from her nap though, I showed her our wedding album. She became most interested when I showed her a family photo from when Kathleen was a baby, then she thumbed through it for a while. She didn't say much. I'm not sure what she was thinking. She generally mistakes her baby pictures for Neil's. In some ways it goes to the heart of the Christmas mystery - how is it possible that once we were all so small?

I also made the Christmas entry in the blog. A few more Christmas Eve pictures are coming. I need to get them off the desk top, since we downloaded the memory card as part of our last minute preparations.

No comments: